1. don't take advice/purchase from goodereader. they are notorious for several poor business practices and spreading misinformation
2. resources for eink—
https://old.reddit.com/user/R0W3Y (please don't spam them they don't know me they just have useful posts)
https://old.reddit.com/user/Logikoma (please don't spam them they don't know me they just have useful posts)
because the device doesn't have google play services, you have to side load apps.
apps that I use regularly on my hisense touch—
last edited 3/07/23. j. v. scholz
- aio launcher: my favorite android launcher
- unlauncher: my second favorite android launcher
- mAbook: fantastic audiobook player, unfortunately you have to install a cracked apk as purchasing the full version requires google play services
- anki: i enjoy studying japanese and reviewing decks on my android devices
- syncthing: useful for automatically syncing files between my computers and android devices
- tachiyomi: great manga reading app
- moon+ reader pro: pretty solid android e-reader app. not optimized for e-ink but works well enough. I've also tested koreader, which is optimized for eink, but find the interface displeasing. technically it's a more powerful app, and it's also open source—I should probably switch to koreader.
- spotify: works as expected, interface is dark but usable